Anonymous said: He apologized to the artist directly on their twitter
I was aware of that. Still think the way he handled it was kind of sneaky, but better than letting it escalate.
Okay, he apologized in a news post. Well, more like clarified. Still annoyed that he tends to do a lot of thoughtless stuff like this and expects that he can fix everything after the damage is done.
1) Hussie makes a bunch of panels joking about crudely drawn manga
2) One of these panels is a crudely drawn version of someone’s old LE design, one which can be found in Caliborn’s devianart favorites
3) The intent appears to be a joke about art theft, based on a comment that the Caliborn account made
4) Unfortunate implication for people who don’t look for hidden jokes: the person who made the LE design is a shitty manga artist
5) The artist becomes associated with Caliborn’s shitty yaoi, and has to deal with tons of comments saying that they should be proud that Hussie was so gracious to include them in the comic
6) Hussie responds to criticism by saying that he was planning to give credit (while also suggesting that it’s undue because it’s his character)
- person in skype chat: makes typo
- everyone else in skype chat: copies and pastes typo for posterity